jeudi 19 juin 2014

lighting and the maths behind it..... bubble tip anemone needs some advice.....

my tank. 20"x18"x20 100ltrs 22uk gals 26us gals



2 percs, CUC, few soft corals and a bubble tip anemone..



water is of a good quality with regular changes....



lighting set up.... tmc aqua ray 600 strips



from the back of the tank and details taken from tmc website.



reef blue 100% blue X5 50k LEDS

marine white 100% white x5 14k LEDS

reef white x3 14k white x2 50k blue

reef white x3 14k blue x2 50k blue



so all in i have

11 14k white LEDS

9 50k blue LEDS

all have a power of 3watts per LED.



all of my live rock is based in the center of the tank. my BTA has set up camp at the base of the rock at the very front of the tank..

all my corals are doing really...



i suppose what i need to know. is my lighting sufficient for what im keeping and the depth of the tank my BTA is living at? what i have found is the spread of light is not that great. the 100% reef blue light which is at the back of the tank does not shine on the BTA at the front of the tank as the BTA is well hidden at the base of the rock at the front.



would the BTA benefit from more blue blighting and less white, should i change my lighting configuration, reduce lighting? is my ratio of blue to white right? can i leave or should i leave the blue light on over night? would this benefit the BTA?



im open minded to comments and critique on this so please share your thoughts




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire