vendredi 27 juin 2014

New Tank, Looking for Opinions

Hey guys, although I am not new to the hobby, I have been out of it for a few years and decided to post this in the new to the hobby forum. I had had several reef and FOWLR tanks ranging from nanos to my old 220 gallon reef (Oh how much I miss it). Ever since my 220 cracked in the middle of the night flooding my home and basement, I got out of the hobby. With the help of my girlfriend I am being pushed back into it. I purchased a 46 gallon bow-front tank, stand, T5 lighting fixture, protein skimmer and a few powerheads. Unfortunately, this stand does not have room for a sump (like I'm use to) so I am doing a little different setup. The tank will have about 50 lbs of live rock, plenty of water movement, and ofcourse the protein skimmer. My main question is, I was looking into purchasing a hang on back refugium and loading it with chaeto, LR rubble, etc. If I run it this way (live rock, water movement, refugium, and skimmer) should I not worry about supplemental filtration? I was debating whether to throw a hang on back filter on the tank or not, I am leaning towards no, just looking for opinions. The tank will mainly be a FOWLR, but I might throw in some softies or LPS. Thanks for the help! I am so excited to get back into it.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire