vendredi 27 juin 2014

175 all out aquarium build

Moving into a new home, time for a tank build!! 😃



Let me give you some back ground information. My name is Christian I've been in the hobby for close to 11 years now. My first tank was a 29 gallon bio-cube with PC lights. My current aquarium is a 70 gallon mixed reef aquarium with 9 ecoxotic led stunner strips. So with me moving into a new home means a new larger aquarium. I have done some pricing around and have found a custom aquarium builder called next reef systems out of Florida. Let's start with the equipment.



Equipment list so far:

Tank - 56"x 30" 24" (175 gallon)

Sump - working on the right size, will be ordering from ATM

Skimmer - open to ideas

Returns - ehiem 1262

Powerheads - 2 x vortech mp60

Heater - 2 x viaAqua 300 watt

RODI - Aquarium II system 100 ghp

LEDs - 9X ecoxotic led stunner strips will be adding other led lights also

LEDs Fuge - not decided

Controller - APEX

ATO - open to ideas



I currently have the stand for the aquarium and the 9x ecoxotic led stunner strips that will be used on the aquarium I will also be adding some more LED lights to the aquarium. The aquarium is going to be placed in my wall, and everything will be placed in a closet, to keep all the noise and everything hidden

I've been in contact with Next Reef for the whole aspect of building the aquarium. My thoughts on the aquarium will have an external over that will be placed on the left hand side of the aquarium that will be hidden behind my wall so the only things that will be inside the tank will be the 2 x vortech mp60 and the returns.

Speaking of returns I am going to have 5 returns on the aquarium. One in each corner of the aquarium and one in the center back side of the aquarium.

I'm going to place an ocelating bulk head on the return of the four corners of the aquarium and the center one will be split into two outlets that always flow.

🐟🐠🐟🐠🐟

The sump

I'm working with ATM (aka: Tanked) to build my sump for the aquarium, so far I have not decided anything except that I want a refugium. The refugium will have an upside down sand bed with about 6" deep. The skimmer that I will be using is unknown. I'm open to all suggestions on witch one to use, I will be haveing lots of SPS corals, GSP too ( my fencé loves it) and of corse anemones. As far as fish go I'm not sure yet.

That will come in time but I do know I will have a flame angel though. 🐠🐠



I am going to be using a Neptune systems APEX gold. It will control lights, heater auto top off pump, the 2 x vortech mp60, my lighting systems and dousing systems I don't know much about them so if any one uses the systems and has some input that would be amazing.

I want to used the douser for zooplankton, carbon, and I know their are other ones but I don't know what's good.



I know I'm forgetting something but I'm not sure what just yet. No pictures of anything just yet but soon




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire