samedi 28 juin 2014

Dry rock v. Live Rock Q - Yet Another thread....

I'm in the process of building a 300g deep dimension. I've had tanks with both dry rock and live rock. Aside from algae, I've never had a dangerous hitchhiker like a mantis or crab.



I had some old rock from a previous tank, some MarcoRock prime cuts and I purchased 100lbs of Aquamaxx.



I just built up a first dry run of my aquascape and its look good but all the rock itself is just so bland and homogeneous.



My LFS has some REALLY nice fully cured live rock that's been curing in a 1000g tank for the last 6 months. There are pieces of all shapes and sizes.



Is it worth the risk of picking up a few nice pieces to add variety to my scape? Will I regret it? I swore I'd never get live rock again due to the algae and pests, however on a 300g display, the homogeneous of dry rock really jumps out. The only thing I really care about is avoiding aptasia and shrimps/crabs. I can handle the algae.



Thoughts?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire