dimanche 29 juin 2014

Best substarates for a reef tank?

I'm going to be upgrading from my 45G reef tank to a 220 latter this summer, God willing, and am curious if there's a growing consensus on the best substrate for a larger reef tank? I have course crushed coral/shell in my 45 and it's an absolute magnet for holding nitrates, so shant be going that route again. There's not enough siphoning in the world to remove dirt from this stuff......that's one check against my LFS for talking me out of my sand bottom! Am concidering all options at the moment, including Paul b's incredible success with a 'reverse under gravel filtration system'.....come on, 40 years....that's saying something! I'm an incurable optimist, and am hoping once up and running, I'll be running on the right track. But sand, different grade or kinds, a BB tank.....gulp.......even a finer crushed coral even. Thanks for any help or suggestions....I'm sure there's passionate debates on the subject, and I won't be feeding any arguments, am just interested in honest opinions. Oh, and I am keeping only 'softies' and small reef fish, and can't forsee that ever changing.

Dave

:help:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire