lundi 30 juin 2014

New tank recently moved

Woot first post, lol



I picked up a 55g with about 30lbs LR -/+ and 4 inches of sand bout 2 months ago. It came with a fumanchu lion fish and a dog face puffer. 1 off brand PH with a foam block around the intake and 2 bio wheel'd HOB filters.



I was able to retain about 40g of the water but I noticed the ammonia was .02 when I tested the water at home(I didn't wanna test in front of the guy). So I ditched the charcoal bags, 2 of 4 bio wheels and the sand. :) ohh and filter on the power head. I have been blowing the live rock off with my WC's and I'm getting a lot of stuff accumulating on the glass that I syphon almost daily.. Literally 6 days a week.



I left the HOB filters for water movement At the moment.

I built a stand and have a 20l under it to house the skimmer(not yet purchased). Ro/di will be my first purchase.



My question is. I'm still unable to keep the ammonia n nitrates down.. Even with 15g changes every 7 days. Should I just keep to WC's and testing?



I suspect the tank was not cycled and just thrown together based on observations and the gecko I also bought also was suffering so needless to say 3 animals got rehoused that day.



Awesome site btw there isn't a question I have that isn't answered using the search.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire