vendredi 27 juin 2014

"Cleaning out the Pipes" - Microbubbles

Hello Reefers,

Been on and off for years and about 4 months ago started up a new 80 gallon reef. I know enough to make me dangerous but I'm running into some stumbling blocks. Microbubbles!!! I have an Eheim pump, Eheim sump, Seaside Aquatics Skimmer. Sounds like in a nutshell everyone says to check your sump for where the bubbles are coming from. I extended two return pipes into sump below water line AND have a filter sock. My skimmer is also in that chamber. Middle chamber I have my chiller pump and my newly added phosban reactor pump.



I've tried everything. I got so disparate I closed off one side of my return line and just have one line off pump instead of two now. For a total of two locs instead of four. Some said maybe I had air in the lines and plus I wasn't getting tons of flow out of each of those return fittings. Flow is much stronger now, but on only one side.



I turned the skimmer off following the advise I've seen on these forums. There is still a haze hovering around the top on both sides of tanks. I can only assume they are millions of micro bubbles. Sort of looks like oil in water to give you a visual. So I turned the skimmer to have the input facing away from the return lines and I pointed the intake of the pump opposite side of the wall with the baffle sponge from the middle chamber of the sump.



My other comment and or question is when I was messing with my return pump and took it out of the water for a brief minute and then returned to it's place in the sump, it just spewed up through my return line loads of sediment. Don't know if these are salt particles or crystals, but I did it twice and it was like it had some stuff built up and just blew it all out whatever it is. They looked like little white flakes.



anyway, I spent so much money and have had good luck so far with my frag collection it's just not that crystal clear, star fire glass look that I expected!!



Thanks for any comments.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire