samedi 28 juin 2014

Torx's NEW 120 gallon peninsula tank

So long after purchasing the tank, I finally had a chance to hammer this project out. Here is my standard 120gallon 4x2x2 peninsula tank. Keeping this one for a while, promise. DIY overflow with external drain mirroring Reef Savvy’s Ghost Overflow



Starting with the stand.



















More bracing was added to the stand before the tank was added. It will be seen later.



Drilled the tank myself. Thank you pulp for the bits.











Drilled the external overflow box. Going to use a 1" full siphon and 1" trickle and 1" emergency.







And assembled







I did not get pics of the overflow box that I made, but it works great. Installed the overflow box, internal and external











Covered and painted.











Tank in place







Time to start transferring the new water. I added about 50 gallons of fresh salt water and the rest was old tank water. Once my old tank started to be drained, it made it really easy to catch the fish when there was only a small amount of water in the tank. Also I did use 2 different substrates which looks awesome now.







Just a little cloudy in the beginning.







Everything transferred. Still lots of rock work and gluing frags to go. Also, just a temp hood to hide the light until I finish (start) the one to match the stand.











Sump is in my storage room. My house is all on one level, the plumbing runs beneath the house (crawl space, no it does not freeze down there, pipes will be insulated before fall as a precaution anyways) and back to the sump. I am using a Jebao DC12000 for my return. I am using the stock controller ATM. Too many other touches to be completed to hook up one of my cables to it today. Apex is a wicked mess of wires. Apex head unit, DIY BOB and an EB8 are in the fish room. There is a 50' Apex usb cable that runs under the house to connect an EB8 that will be installed in the hood (currently in the cabinet) as well as 2 VSP's.











I actually did the move last weekend. Everything survived by the looks of it. No fish or frag loss. More pics to come once I get all my frags glued and rid of those egg crate racks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire