mercredi 25 juin 2014

Moving hosted coral (hammer) question

Hey guys. So yesterday I moved my corals around a little bit to make better use of space. Anyways, I have two clown fish in my tank that have hosted a hammer coral. When moving my corals around, I decided to move the hammer to a more open area because of how fast it is growing.



When I woke up today, both of the clown fish were hanging around the same area where the hammers were previously located, which now has a rock with 4-5 hairy mushrooms. It also appears that the clowns are attempting to now host the mushrooms.



My question is whether or not the clowns will eventually recognize the hammer's new location and continue to host it, or if the mushrooms will now inevitably represent the new host. I'm wondering if I'm stressing the clowns by spontaneously moving their previously hosted hammer coral, or if the clowns can/will stress my mushrooms, as they certainly aren't used to the hosting activities of the clowns. Should I leave the corals as is for now and see what happens, or should I just move the hammer back to its original location?



I'm sure someone has had similar experience with moving hosted corals, so any and all advice and recommendations are much appreciated. Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire