mercredi 25 juin 2014

Interesting Jawfish Behavior

One of the fish in my 120 gallon reef tank is a Blackcap Jawfish, also known as a Tigerstripe Jawfish by most. Originally I wanted a small colony of Yellowhead Jawfish, but I saw him one day and decided to get him.



Now I had him for a long time now. Many months. He made his burrow in the perfect spot in front of the rocks made of rocks and an assortment of shells. He hardly leaves that spot, as Jawfish do.



However recently I been turning my light off at night as opposed to switching it to moonlight. When there is absolutely no light at all, I noticed that my Jawfish goes wandering around the aquarium. He'll even start digging out pits in other spots for whatever reason.

When light returns though, he'll sink to the bottom and stay very, very still. He pretty much refuses to move unless disturbed.



Eventually he'll move back to home base and stay there until another night comes with no light.



Anyone know what he is doing? I ain't worried, because I don't think anything is wrong with him. I'm more fascinated as to why he does this.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire