jeudi 19 juin 2014

Do I need to brace this tank?

Hey all - my first post here... a long-time lurker.



I'm planning on building my own aquarium due to the fact that I can't find many aquariums of the right size that don't already come pre-drilled or have tempered glass on the bottom.



It is approximately 92 gallons and the dimensions are 48"x21"x21"



I will be using 1/2" glass on the bottom - and was thinking of 3/8" on the sides (could do 1/2" - not sure yet)



The tank will have 3 ea 2.5" holes on the bottom for a an overflow centered on the back wall each hole will be 2.5" from the edge and 2.5" from each other for in order to place 1.5" bulkheads for the Herbie overflow and a return.



My question is whether or not I need to Eurobrace the tank? (If so - do I just need the 2 48"x2"braces that will run along the sides - or do I need 4 all the way around the rim)



Can I forego the bracing if I use thicker glass (1/2"?)



I will have a shallow sandbed and liverock (can't remember the weight I currently have in my 55 gallon that is being upgraded)



Thanks much! jj




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire