jeudi 19 juin 2014

Getting back into it... - 40 Gallon Breeder Build

I left for school 10 months ago and lost all time and space for a reef tank, but luckily I've just moved into a house with my girlfriend down here in Florida, and my parents being the great people they are drove some corals from my 90 gallon 25 hours down to me :banana:. Theyve been in my old biocube for about a month now, but coral seems to be cheap down here and the tank is pretty overstocked already. I found a 40 breeder with a stand, overflow, acrylic sump and a koralia 750 for $160 and pulled the trigger last week, so I figured with the upgrade I'd get back into posting here on TRT. The tank is a cloudy mess right now from adding sand, but pics of the cube will be up soon along with some equipment pics!

For filtration I'll be running a BM NAC-3.5 Cone, a Phosban reactor, and I have already set up a fuge with a chaeto ball in the sump. Lighting for now consists of 1 Kessil A350 fixture but I plan on buying another to get full tank coverage If I need it. Looking to keep mostly zoas/palys in this tank, but the SPS list is already growing... I'm trying to only buy rare corals so the tank fills slowly and I get some real nice color... I already have utter chaos zoas, rastas, captain americas, mohawks, magicians, pink and golds and lots of other nice morphs along with a nice little elegance, a torch, some duncans, a large miami hurricane chalice colony and some SPS.

Stay tuned for updates and pictures




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire