vendredi 7 novembre 2014

RBTA thriving on bologna

When it comes to the feed/not feed schools of thought on anemones, I am from the feed side. It has a mouth, stomach, and sticky arms to catch things. So I feed it. I have always bought frozen shrimp from the grocery store and fed 1 little thawed tidbit bi-weekly. The RBTA looked really good and slowly grew. I have a little dog I feed bologna as treats since she goes crazy for it and its $2 for Oscar Myer at Walmart. About two months ago I was in a lazy mood and did not feel like thawing and cutting shrimp, so I gave the anemone a dime sized piece while feeding the dog. The next day the RBTA seemed to open and spread out more than ever before, so I continued with the bologna. Today the RBTA has almost doubled in size (or spreads twice as much), and has begun to form into two semicircles like it is preparing to clone. I was amazed at the difference. I think bologna is a mush of two different proteins (chicken/pork), so maybe the variety of diet has something to do with it. Anyway, I am sold. I will keep you posted as to the RBTA's future health.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire