mercredi 26 novembre 2014

Need help creating checklist for Reef tank

Hi everyone, first time posting on here, have read some of the threads here and there.



I'm looking to get my first saltwater aquarium and need some help determining exactly what I need.



In this thread, titled Coralife Biocube on here (not enough posts to post links yet apparently, there's a lot of talk about whether you need UV sterilizers or protein skimmers, etc so I was hoping to get a thread going with what it is I'm looking to set up and what I will need for it.



First off, I'm starting with Coralife BioCube 29 gallon tank. I'm planning to use live sand and live rock as natural filtration (of course with an actual filter). I'd like to have 2 clowns and either 2 black and white damsels or 1 hippo tang (not sure the BC 29 is big enough for 2 clown and the tang).



My main concern is making sure I have all theright, necessary equipment. So far what I've seen I need to get is:

- A heater (any suggestions or the average heater is good?)

- For pumps I'm looking at the 750gph Koralia Evolution Circulation Pump (I've seen several posts here and elsewhere discussing whether or not to use multiple circulation pumps, what's the general thoughts on this?)

- BioCube Protein Skimmer

- BioCube UV sterilizer

- Miscellaneous tools (master reef testing kit, hydrometer, etc)

- Also looking for some thoughts on necessity of spectrometers.



Thanks everyone!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire