dimanche 30 novembre 2014

CYCLE STALLED?! not going well.

Hello everyone, new to this reef hobby and about 4 weeks ago i bought and setup a fluvial spec V. i added live rock right away during the first week and live sand. Everything has been going how it should be until a week ago, i tested my waters and saw this: AMMONIA 8PPM, NITRITE 5PPM, AND NITRATE ~40PPM.

This is INSANE parameters. Something has gone wrong. I added a live hermit crab last week and ever since then the water has been terrible. The clarity is fine it is just the parameters.

Now before you give me your suggestions, please keep in mind that all my parameters were setup correctly,

salinity is 1.025

ph is 8.2

temp is steady at 81

i am currently at my 5th week of cycling and it should not be taking this long.

Please do not answer me saying that most cycles take 4-6 weeks or more. I know that and i don't need you to repeat and waste your time. This cycle should not be taking more than 3 weeks for a small little 5 galloon tank such as this one. I even did a 50% water change and the ammonia is still 8ppm, nitrite too is at 5ppm.



Please answer the following:

1) what do i do now? 90% water change?

2) Should i add SuperBac or any other live bacteria to my tank while cycling?

3)please give me your best suggestions in order to start this reef tank because at this point i am very annoyed with the cycling process and just would like to start adding livestock as soon as i finish the cycle.



thank you very much for your time and answers!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire