jeudi 27 novembre 2014

Banded Cat Shark owner

My previous experience is a 150 gal tank with blue tangs, box fish, hawkfish, and chromis and clown fish. I also for 2 years raised and bred seahorse with 5 mating pairs in a combined 900 gal system...lots of work. I sold those system to have time to return to school. Now I have time and a new system.





I am now raising a banded cat shark, I hatched my banded shark a couple of weeks ago. I have a 280 gal tank I built and 100 gal two chamber sump with mechanical filter and huge skimmer for 600 gal system. All works well and my shark has been eating since day 1, and already eating from my hand comfortably. In the tank also are 2 blue chromis and 3 blue green chromis, 1 Coral Beauty, 1 sail tang and 1 clown fish. All seem to be doing well.





Now I am looking to put a few other living tank mates in with my shark. I was thinking of maybe a few brittle stars or sand stars to help with the bottom cleaning. I know that these sharks are bottom dwellers but I have heard and read that as long as they are kept fed that they do not really pose a problem to others on the bottom.



What other cleaners could be used in the tank with the banded shark to help clean up after him?



Thanks

David

San Jose, CA




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire