vendredi 28 novembre 2014

First tank, Please help.

So, I had two planted fresh water tanks. One 90 gal and a 36 gal corner tank. Both were very nice but my wife wanted to convert to 36 gal corner tank into saltwater. I have never done salt water before.

We got a bunch of stuff from a guy locally for really cheap. fluvial canister filter, 5/6 good size pieces live rock, power head, thermometer, salt, crushed coral and some other odds and ends.

So I cleaned out the tank and went for the set up. I added Caribbean sea live substrate. I have been cycling the tank 6-7 days now but am wondering how to incorporate the protein skimmer in which I do not have yet. No fish though so I have some time. I have been seeing a lot about sumps and am somewhat familiar with them from friends that have had tanks. How do I calculate the size I need for a 36 Gal corner tank. The space underneath is only 11X17X26 (W/D/H). I dont know where to start. 10 Gal tank glass panels silicone them in place and ?



Is the canister filter enough or should I go the sump route. I would like to start sooner then later. Please help.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire