vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Filter socks and protein skimmers

I am sure this has been covered and I did try doing a search for the answer on this forum, but I didn't see it within the first couple of pages and I am too lazy to keep reading. So, I have a 50 gal DT and a 16 gal sump, running for 5 weeks. I just installed a bubble magus nac3.5 skimmer. I had some problems setting it up, for like two days. It kept wanting to over flow so I added a control valve to the air intake and it seemed to help. I still had some large bubbles at the top of it, but not pulling a lot of skim-mate. I pulled out my filter sock to clean it and the bubbles calmed way down. No more large bubbles, just small ones. Now that I have eliminated my problem, is there an alternative to using a filter sock? Could I put a carbon filter sponge in the overflow of the DT to catch all the big detritus and eliminate the filter sock?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire