vendredi 7 novembre 2014

Coral Placement/Lighting issues with mixed reef

Hey all. I have a 26G bowfront mixed reef with softies and LPS that I aquascaped with dry rock. It's been set up for about a year





for lighting i've got a reef breeders value LED fixture, filtration is a remora hang on back protein skimmer, and a hang on back (empty) refugium which i just use for hospital tank/heater storage and extra water volume.



the corals were doing mediocre toward the beginning of the set up, but as of late not good at all. i've been having issues with a lot of my frags, particular zoas not doing well, and i recently discovered my KH had recently went down to 4, so i've been using reef builder buffer and now have it back up to 9.



things haven't been looking good and i'm assuming everything's recovering from that. but despite the KH issues, i think i've been having a lighting and/or coral placement problem.



so here is the issue (that i think) that i'm having. right now i'm running my LEDs around 25% white and 33% blue. my soft corals (devils hand, toadstool in particular) are barely seeming to react to the light being on, and have no polyp extension whatsoever.



i have had the reefbreeders fixture since january, and am not really impressed because it seems rather dim at these level. i have a hunch that my lighting is too low for my softies, and any time i try to gradually turn my lights up higher, my LPS (duncan and trumpet coral) definitely do not react well to the lights going up any brighter than where they are currently at :/



i've also had a lot of zoa frags melt away on me in the recent months, they never seemed to do that well. not sure why.



here are my params

PH: 8.3

kH: 9

ammonia: 0

nitrite: 0

nitrate: 20

phos: ?



stocking list:

pajama cardinal

barnacle blenny

bloodred fire shrimp

rock flower anemone

duncan coral

trumpet coral

toadstool coral

devils hand coral

several varieties of zoathids

mushroom corals





here's a photo, what do you guys think? is my placement of everything OK? i hope i can work this out because everything is epoxy-d in place! ahhh! lol







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire