mardi 25 novembre 2014

Diatom, need advice

My tank is about 4 or 5 months old at this point and everything has been doing well. I'm running a 90 gallon with a refugium. I recently removed the filter sock because of the constant overflowing (every two days) and based on what I've read, opinions are split on the value of the filter sock. My plan is to vacuum out any debris in the first section of my refugium if needed.



With all of that said, I suddenly have an outbreak of diatom brown algae on my sandbed and my water is not as clear as it has been. I preface this with my sand was immaculate for the longest time and my water has been crystal clear. I've tested the water and everything seems to be in check. My nitrates sit around 20 or so, but it has been that way for awhile. Is this normal? Should I take any action? Everything seems happy, but I certainly liked it better when the sand was clean and the water was clear. Any help is appreciated.



Thanks,



Bryan




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire