dimanche 16 novembre 2014

What do we even know about the slime coat?

:doh: I'm trying not to make this thread about what happened to me yesterday. The long story very short is that nearly all my fish shed their slime coat. I could see it hanging off my yellow tang, both my dragonets and my cardinals.

With no slime coat I know they're very likely to develop some sort of problem, so I'd like to know what others here do, when they know they have a fish in distress.

Right now I'm planning on leaving my tank alone for a few days (no rock movement etc) and adding a 1/4 cap of prime every 24 hours. They are all pretty fat right now, so I will continue to feed (I feed mostly black worms), but I might have to do it slowly since all the fish so stressed none of them would eat last night.



I guess what I'm looking for here is advice on what I can do to help relax my stressed fish that doesn't involve pulling them back out of the tank and stressing them out again.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire