samedi 15 novembre 2014

Thoughts on making a Sump.....

Okay, where to start.... I have looked at videos and read articles about a sump for the tank. I have a clue on one hand but on the other I'm still kind of lost. So that being said here we go with me post.



I have a 55 gallon saltwater tank. I also have a 20 gallon tank sitting out in the garage taking up space that I would like to add to my system. The measurements to this 20 gallon tank are give or take 1/2 inch are, 30" long / 12" tall / 11" front to back. Now what do I do to get this started? I do have a Mainland 1200 to get the water back up and into the 55 gallon tank so that is covered all I need for that I think should be a hose or PVC tubing, a U Tube to somehow connect to and something pretty to add to that into the take for an end fitting. Am I good so far?



After doing some homework online of course I believe I need an overflow box to get the water from my 55 gallon tank to flow to the 20 gallon tank underneath. Then I must connect it somehow to the 20 gallon tank. This is where I guess I get lost. I see all kind of ways to do this. The perfect information here would be someone that has done just what I want to do that has step by step directions that they would like to pass on to me. The info I'm looking for is exactly what the heck to go and purchase without breaking the bank so to speak.



At this time all I really want to do is use this extra 20 gallon tank to add more water to my tank. I do not have a reef tank in any way just about 6 fish and 100 pound or so on live rock. I my sump all I plan on having is a Coralife Super Skimmer 125, noting more. Like I said I just want more water flow up above and I want to keep it simple. I like to learn from my mistakes. Maybe later on I can add dividers into the 20 gallon tank. I am currently running a canister filter and this is my reasoning as to just putting my skimmer and only my skimmer into the sump.



I would love to hear from you guys and girls as to where to begin with my project. Thoughts, Ideas, Links to pieces / parts and criticism would be great! Hopefully I have covered everything in this post however I am sure I have not.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire