samedi 8 novembre 2014

Pictures of my 3 fresh water planted tanks

Hello all!



It strikes me that I haven't shared with TRT what I'm doing with tanks these days. I don't have reefs anymore (one day I may again), but I can't be without my tanks. I'm now running 3 Fresh water planted tanks.



The first is my baby work tank. This little guy is 2 gallons and get's allot of attention from my coworkers. I built a custom Arduino to control the topoff, lighting, cooling and heating to keep it low maintenance. This shot is pretty old but you get the idea:



IMG_1209FullResized by Wiskey2727, on Flickr



The second tank is here at home. I also built an Arduino for this one, but it is a little more sophisticated. It does the same things but logs and displays more data for me, including weekly high/low temps, daily high/low temps, and readings for topoff completion. These pictures I actually entered in a contest this year, I didn't come close to winning but it was fun to play.



IMG_3633nr by Wiskey2727, on Flickr





IMG_3646 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr



Last but not least is my 75G. This tank is High Tech, including CO2 and an Apex controller, it even logs when I open the stand doors. The other two tanks are MUCH less work, but this one is still allot of fun. I hope one day to upgrade this to something in the 300G range, but I'll need a house before that happens. It looks a little shoddy because I trimmed today, but I'll come back and post another picture after it grows out for a week or so.



DiscusTankWeb by Wiskey2727, on Flickr



If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Enjoy,

Whiskey




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire