samedi 8 novembre 2014

Blue/Purple corals under led light

I have noticed over the last 4 years that my leds don't show the true colors of blue or purple corals well. The colors are very muted, or don't show up at all. I used to have two reef tanks, but combined them a few years ago to just one tank. I had one nano tank using t5ho lighting and my main display 93gal cube tank using leds (36 cool white and 36 actintic blue from rapidled).



I had a blue xenia in my nano tank (again under t5ho) that was a very deep blue/purple color and when I added it to my main display tank it appeared to be a pale pink color. I didn't mind the color so much, but I recently bought some beautiful blue and blue/green zoanthids that are now a pale green/bright green color under my led lighting. I purposely bought them because I didn't have enough blue/purple in my tank.



Has anyone else had problems with their leds not producing the correct colors? I'm thinking I may need to add some different color spectrum leds to my setup to maybe bring out additional colors. Any opinions about this out there?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire