jeudi 6 novembre 2014

Newbie Question of the day

So, as my tank continues to mature, I have a wish list of things that I still want to add to the tank. I've just recently started adding corals - mostly softies and one LPS. I've been reading about what it takes to be successful and I'm quickly learning the importance of testing and dosing calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium. I've been testing for the normal ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates, but I don't currently have a testing kit for ca, alk, and mg. With all of that said, I have a little money to put towards the tank and I'm trying to prioritize.



My wish list is:



ATO - Tunze probably

Apex controller

Red Sea Test kit for ca, alk, mg

Appropriate dosing kit - BRS probably



My intention has been to get the ATO first to keep the salinity stable and save me some work, but I'm thinking that the test kit and dosing is more important. I can top off on my own. With that said, I do weekly 10% water changes with Reef Crystals, so some of those elements are being put back in. I just don't know where they stand without the test kit. Probably a silly question with an obvious answer, but I thought I would get some thoughts from you.



Thanks,



Bryan




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire