vendredi 14 novembre 2014

newb from Jacksonville, Fl

Hello all - I'm new to this forum and look forward to learning a ton. Several years back I had a successful fish-only 55g saltwater acrylic tank. Once I sold the setup, I figured I'd never get back into it if only because of cost. Fast forward to today, a good friend of mine had his 90g tank for sale in Craigslist, and was having a hard time selling it. He mentioned it to me because he knows I want one - sold it to me for 500. Top notch setup, cabinet, hood, RODI, UV, sump et al. so.................. here I am.



Now that I'm back, I'd like to do this one right. (not like my last one was wrong - but it wasn't a reef tank either)



I'm a reef newb, but a quick study.



I'll post some pretty stupid questions, but I will try to search for the answers before asking. so... flame torches on low please..



I'll post my build as I go and have already started assessing the 10 year old tank. Scraped off the blue background, sprayed on black.



Today's task: 1-part cerium oxide, 2-parts water, and a buffer to fix scratches in the glass.



Sump Details: Since I'm going mixed - 5/3 golden rule on aquascaping, I ordered the eshopps r 300 - sure, it's big for a 90, but I like big. big is good.

I plan on using a Octopus NWB 150 skimmer, and refugium in tandem. Titan 5 pump.



Lighting: Current USA Orbit Marine LED 48



that's all for now.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire