vendredi 14 novembre 2014

Is my clam ok?

So I got a nice 2 inch gold maxima clam about 3 weeks to a month ago. He has looked great besides never seeming to find a position he was ever happy in. By that I mean every other night I would find him on his side in the morning or in a slightly different spot. I have always fixed him, and he never seemed affected by it and would open up as normal later on. He doesn't like rocks at all, as every time I put him on a rock he will kick himself off it and a few hours later I will find him back in the sand perfectly positioned. Now I have noticed something new in the past few days. He just hasn't looked 100%. His exhalent valve is whitish and the body of his mantle (not the part that they extend) seems a tiny bit translucent. Now his exhalent valve has been white most of the time, and I thought it was just color, but I am starting to wonder if its a little bleaching. The translucent body seems new to me as I haven't noticed it before. He hasn't really lost color, but I don't know if that's normal. At the same time he is small at 2 inches and I hear their mantle is thin so I wonder if it is possible to see through him just a little. I will try to get a few good pictures tomorrow, and I will give water quality also. My tank has metal halides, and my corals and anemones look good, but the possibility of bleaching still worries me. In the mean time I was wondering if anybody could help before I give a picture tomorrow. I just worry about him and if anything is wrong I hope to catch it early and fix the problem. Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire