vendredi 14 novembre 2014

Heating Large Tanks

I'm getting ready to purchase a new heater because my heaters in my 40B aren't keeping up, so I figure I will buy a heater that will eventually get used in my 240, but I am terribly indecisive about heaters because everything I've bought so far has failed within about a year (or less), so I hate spending $50-$100 on something that I know is going to die within a year, but I am going to probably need at least 2 heaters to heat the nearly 300 gallons of water when I do my tank upgrade... so I'm looking at probably 400W or 500W heaters and looking for some feedback on what others suggest...



I think I had bought a Hydor 400W Theo in my old 55 gal tank, but I ran it for less than a year before I sold the 55 and dropped down to the two 40B's, and I let him take the heater with the tank when I sold it so that one might have lasted more than a year I don't know... so far the only two heaters that really jump out at me are the Hydor Theo 400W or Finnex 500W...



Hydor Theo: http://ift.tt/14m4Zl9



Finnex titanium 500W heater: http://ift.tt/14m4WWx



Is there any other heater technology out there that does NOT involve heating a coil wire to heat the tank? My last heater got to the point that it was putting off sparks inside the glass tube so I quickly removed it from my tank and put the two smaller ones in my 40B that I have in there right now...



Eheim Jager TruTemp 300W claims it will handle 159-264 gallon tank sizes... but then you go to the next 300W and it says it's only good for 80 gallons...



Looking at JBJ True Temp they say I need 1000W for 200-300G!!! At $200! Although I do like the sounds of them, I just don't know how much of it is BS and if I'm going to spend $200 on a heater and still have it die in a year!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire