mardi 11 novembre 2014

Beginner Invert Pico Tank

Ok! I have been fascinated with saltwater aquaria for years, and I am finally getting around to designing a tank. I've been reading some basic guides, and I think I am beginning to get an idea of what I want.



Here is what I am imagining:



* Very small tank, 10 gal or less.

* Small number of inverts. Red or Green brittle star, and maybe a shrimp or hermit.

* Some live rock.



I'm most concerned with a brittle star. I know the green ones are aggressive, but they seem extremely hardy, and I wouldn't mind keeping him more or less alone.





Questions:



1) I hear extremely small tanks are hard to stabilize water wise. Is this is a no go for a newbie ?

2) What sort of other small inverts might live with a brittle star without getting munched? I'm betting most crabs would fight it, as I've seen some nasty confrontations with hermit crabs in the past. Perhaps another starfish?



Any other suggestions? What do you think of this idea for a first set up?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire