samedi 8 novembre 2014

Back into babysitting a reef tank after many years

hello, my name is Wrany (rainy) from Tulsa, OK. I had several saltwater tanks years ago, and decided to start up the hobby again after walking away. I'm a dentist and my wife is an RN. We own a dental office/medical spa. We recently acquired a 220 gal tank, with the works built underneath. start of the art LED lights and 2-3 in. of live sand, a truck load of LR. Been cycling well for 1 month and just trying to re-learn everything again. I taught chemistry in college so a lot of it comes quick, but I like easy. Nothing seems too easy about this, but I have had no problems so far. I've been reading the sticky threads about the basics. Looking for a list of things I should be doing or looking for. I have a little green algae growing on powerheads and overflow areas, some on LR. All my chemistry looks great, but haven't tested anything but salinity, pH, and nitrogen cycle. I've been topping off with RO/DI. Have large sump, filters, and large skimmer I don't understand well.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire