mardi 11 novembre 2014

Winter Online Ordering

Anyone have any experience with ordering livestock online in the winter? I got an order from LiveAquaria a few days ago - a nem and an urchin - urchin was DOA and nem was in very, very sad shape and died within 48 hours. I've never had any issues with LA and they were wonderful about refunding me, but when I asked about shipping they weren't very helpful.



The day I got my order was in the 50's and while I had them leave my package on the porch it was only out there for about 5-10 minutes (I was at work 5 minutes away when I got the notification). They pack their orders with heat packs, but I'm wondering about the temps in the trucks and on the plane. Even if I'm there right when the order arrives if the temps are cold in the plane and on the truck it doesn't really matter, right? Should online livestock ordering be avoided in the winter completely? I asked them this specifically, and while I like them, they gave me the typical business answer of "we do everything in our power to make sure your order arrives safely", which doesn't really answer my question.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire