samedi 8 novembre 2014

Why do my Zoas and green star polyps fade?

Hi, I'm looking for advice on zoas and green star polyps. I know some people grow them like weeds, but mine always seem to slowly fade away over weeks to months. I'll put a colony in the tank and they slowly shrink away. I just started with 2 new ones and I want them to make it.

I have a 40 breeder with coralife 4 bulb with 2 actinics and 2 10,000k dayligtht T5's, which I think should be plenty of light. I have a jaebo wp 10 ( the smaller one) and 3 korallia 425's. I just have a HOB skimmer and I do have some algae problems. Tank is 3 years old.

Most recent tests

SG: 1.027

Temp: 77

Nitrates:0

Alk: 9.8

Ca: 425

Mag: 1440

I use reef crystals salt and have green hammers, a Kenya tree, candy cane corals and mushrooms that have done well. I don't feed any of the corals.



Any thoughts?? :beer:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire