mardi 4 novembre 2014

Skimmer Upgrade

If you've seen my intro, I noted that my lfs sold me a used 90 gallon and I've replaced most of the components. Some of the replacements were in the very beginning out of necessity and at my lfs's recommendation on brand. For example, they replaced the skimmer with what I believe to be a coralife super skimmer. Now that I'm a little further in, I have a little more (not what I need) knowledge of what's available and what is generally considered to be a good skimmer, light, pump, etc.



So, with all of that, my question is - is it worth upgrading from the coralife to something like a reef octopus? Or some other brand if you have recommendations? It seems like the coralife is doing a decent job, but I really have nothing to compare it to and I do fight nitrates a little. I don't want to spend money for the sake of spending money, but if a better skimmer is drastically more efficient, it may be worth putting on my wish list. Any input is appreciated. Nothing urgent, just something I'm pondering as I try to take the next step in getting my tank as efficient and healthy as it can be.



Thanks,



Bryan




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire