lundi 3 novembre 2014

Montipora spongodes loosing the green

Well its been 3 weeks since I added a frag I got for free. Good ole Montipora spongodes.



I started with it on my sandbed. a week later I took out more sand and moved it mid tank. then half a week later I moved it up top because I couldn't get it to stay still. from what ive read med-high light and med-high indirect flow so I thought it would be okay there. throughout the whole time ive had it and its to the point where its almost all pinkish but I still have the same polyp extension as always, even from what I saw while it was at the lfs. the only thing I can really think of is its not getting enough flow.



tank: 55g

0-am

0-no2

0-no3

8.2ph

78 degrees avg

phos around .25

diy led's, all corals grow well under them, torch started bleaching when it was on top so I don't think lights are low quality being Chinese led's

typical maint routine, blow rocks, siphon the lil bit of sand I have, waterchanges.



I just moved it from up top to another spot mid tank with better flow, see how it is in a week or two.



I also think im going to do something else with the flow. I have a 650gph running now pointed at the barebottom behind the rocks. a 1200gph is set to turn on 3x a day for 30 minutes aimed at the rockwork. I might point the 1200 at the barebottom and see if I cant run it all day without creating too much flow for the corals and depending on how clean it keeps the glass point the 650 at the rocks



I should also add I have another montipora, I think its an encrusting one, its grown about 2cm in a month. its positioned in the same amount of flow and is about 5inches to the side and 2inches lower then where the spongodes previously was.





any ideas or suggestions would be great, not at home atm so I cant post pics. I just don't want this guy to die before I get the 90g up..




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire