jeudi 6 novembre 2014

Loss of a friend

I have a 29 gallon tank with a HOB skimmer, etc. etc. Not the point of this post. Today I lost a friend. In my tank I had a Bangghai Cardinal fish, firefish, and chalk bass. We went fishing this last weekend and used minnows for the fishing. I came home the other day and my wife said I didn't clean the bucket out good enough because the cat drug a minnow out of it and left it on the floor. After a couple days I thought that I hadn't seen my chalk bass in a while. I tore the tank apart and he was nowhere to be found. It was only at that point that I put the pieces together and realized that my poor chalk bass sent himself to the poor porcelain throne in the sky. I normally have a bird-net cover on the tank, but the cat broke that when I was doing a water change once, so it has not been on the tank for some time. Ever since the incident, the firefish hardly ever comes out of his holes. I think they were dithers for each other because the cardinal has a tendency to be a bit boisterous. The chalk bass was my favorite too. Well... that's the end of my story. Thank you for listening to my lament.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire