samedi 8 novembre 2014

Green hairy mushroom not doing well...

Any input? I got a few softies from a local guy. I realize it was early as my tank is only 2 months old. 6 fish (coral beauty, 2 Oscelarris, 1 green chromis, 1 fox face, 1 molly miller blend).



I'm thinking nitrates affect this coral? I'm at about 40, maybe 60 ppm. My pH is about 8.1. Salinity 1.024. No ammonia or nitrite to speak of. I've read they don't need a lot of light and may not like a lot. But I only have the Current Marine Orbit 48 which is like only 50 watts total or something. The shroom is in the lower part of the tank. He has lost his color and is shriveled up quite a bit. There are some very small flat mushrooms on the rock that seem okay. I have a few palys and a toadstool that came at the same time and they all seem fine.



Any suggestions? I'm doing a water change tomorrow but ran out of salt and my salinity was just a little low on the new water so I have to let some evaporate. It's a 90 gallon, 40 B sump, Reef Octopus 150 skimmer, no fuge, low sand bed.



Thanks for any advice. (Also 2 out of the 3 chromis I bought did not make it but died within 2 days of getting them, the 3rd is doing great. So I think the others were already sick.)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire