jeudi 6 novembre 2014

Cycle in 2 weeks?

Set up new 45g saltwater tank about 2 weeks ago. Using RO water, have 40ish pounds of live rock and 45lbs of CaribSea Arag-ALive.



Starting cycling day 1 using some cocktail shrimp from the store stuffed in a stocking (recommended to me). I also used some API quickstart during setup and after a partial water change a week later.



I changed about 13 gallons of water at the 1 week mark and my readings the next day were (all test were done using API saltwater tests):



Temp - 77.8

salinity - 1.024

PH - 8

Ammonia - .3 (this has been higher but didn't want to list all my tests)

Nitrite - 3 (this has been higher but didn't want to list all my tests)

Nitrate - 70 (this has been higher but didn't want to list all my tests)



Tested last night and again this morning (right at two weeks in)

Temp - 77.1

salinity 1.024

PH - 8

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - little over 20



Question is, does it look right for the ammonia and nitrites to cycle to 0 that quick? I hear stories about it taking a month or longer.



Also, I have been using Instant Ocean Sea Buffer for the past couple day trying to raise the PH level but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Any suggestions?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire