dimanche 9 novembre 2014

1000 ltr reef /

I have a 1000 ltr tank with a few hard and stoney corals, and a few mushrooms. Several chromis, a foxface and a coral-banded shrimp. several hermits. 100kgs live rock.Thats it !



Equipment is a deltec skimmer, Calcium reactor, sump tank , heaters, sponge filter. LED lights. RO filter.

Tank has been going for 8 years.

Things weren't too bad when I had the MH pendant and UV tubes. I switched to LED lights (Steve's LED kits) over a year ago. Then I have had nothing but problems. I have all the LEDs on dimmers. Doesn't matter if I have them at 40% or at 50% (more bleaches), corals have slowly died (not bleached) and masses of green hair algae cover rocks and glass (smiley green hair) doesn't stink. Fish are fine. Mushrooms are fine, but I really cant get hard corals to survive.



My lack of husbandry must have a big impact. Because of the lack of fish, I do 10% water changes every 3 to 4 months. I have neglected it alot since.



There are masses of Coraline algae , reds pinks. Water is clear.



Im hoping If I do a 60-80% water change and siphon out the algae it will clear things up. But I still don't trust the LEDs.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire