samedi 9 avril 2016

Innovative Marine 40 Build

I just got everything setup and the tank has been running 3 weeks. I'm starting this tank all new, meaning no live rock at all. Its just an experiment to see how it will work vs starting with live rock. 10 days ago I started the Red Sea reef mature pro kit to get the bacteria going.

My tank is starting to cycle and today is the first day I see the nasty brown diatoms. Other than the red sea bacteria I also introduced 5 days ago a failed frag covered in coraline from my brothers tank. I scraped a lot of the coraline and placed it into the water column.

For some reason I do not have any nitrites right now. Ammonia is starting to come down to .2 from a high of .8 and nitrates are at 50

Red sea recommends I do a water change at this point, but I remember in the past they said during a cycle keep the protein skimmer off and no water change to allow the bacteria to grow. Has this logic changed?

The Zetlight is running at 50% blue, 40% white, 40% UV

Protein skimmer is off, but the reactor with BRS biopellets is running

Tunze wavemaker is on 24/7 with the included 476 gph pump. I think this will be plenty of flow for the tank planned. I will explain later

I do not want to have a lot of difficult corals but I do want a good variety of colors. I really miss my old RBTA and a clown so I will get that when ready. I am taking this build very slow, at least I hope I can :nuts:

I have no experience with LED lights and I am a little worried on how to know what I should program. This light is very bright and has a lot of ways to customize the colors.

This is not a big build, but I really liked my old 36 gallon corner tank and since I had a positive experience I wanted to stay in the same size range.

Any tips or tricks will be greatly appreciated.

The stats:
60 pounds BRS reef saver rock
40 LB. SPECIAL GRADE ARAG-ALIVE! REEF SAND
OSMOLATOR UNIVERSAL 3155 AUTO TOP OFF - TUNZE
MINIMAX MIDSIZE ALL-IN-ONE MEDIA REACTOR - INNOVATIVE MARINE
AUQA GADGET SKIMMATE MIDSIZE GHOST SKIMMER - INNOVATIVE MARINE
HMO-150 FINNEX HEATER
REFRACTOMETER FOR READING SALINITY WITH CALIBRATION FLUID
ZT-6500A LED LIGHT APEX READY - ZETLIGHT
BRS 4 STAGE VALUE WATER SAVER PLUS RO/DI SYSTEM - 150GPD
COMLINE WAVEBOX 6208 - TUNZE

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_20160409_092309905_HDR.jpg Views: N/A Size: 83.2 KB ID: 122494  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire