lundi 18 avril 2016

12 Gallon Nano Tanks

The first saltwater tank I set up was a 12G nano tank made by Eclipse that I never should have bought. I drove Dobejazz, Wiskey, Doug and countless other people crazy with that tank. I still have that tank. Its the only one I have left from the original set that I had before having a second back surgery in 2009 and leaving the hobby for a while.
This is a build thread I had started on the original tank:
http://ift.tt/1NhUS5W
At post 159 it starts photos of a stand that I built for it. Curved front with curved moldings, lots of neat little stuff.
Two years ago when I decided to get back in the hobby I was hunting a second tank to match it to make night stands or an end table type setup with them. By a freak accident and AWESOME customer service from MarineLand, I now have 3 of the tanks. I emailed and asked if they sold just the tank and they sent me a tank for free, without any filters or anything, just the tank. I didn't receive it so I emailed and asked about it and they sent a second, signature required. The day they delivered the last one, the lady next door brought me a box the mail man had left on my porch. She got it so it wouldn't get stolen. It was the first one they sent me. So now, I have 3.

Just after that, the house I lived in burned and I put the SW tanks on hold. Now, I have decided to set them up, build stands for them and do what I intended to do with the first one, with a few additions.

The stands will be bow front stands to match the tank. The doors, drawers, top, everything will be curved to match the tank. The first one was built out of oak but this one is going to be built out of hickory. I like the looks of the hickory and I have tons of it to use up. The insides will probably be cypress to help with water issues.

Right now I have LR that I am getting ready to cook. I think that a realistic estimate for being cycled and ready to run is 6-8 weeks. That gives me the time to build the two stands and get the sump figured out.

Any comments, thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated, welcomed, and requested.

The only inhabitants that I am set on having are Xenia and clownfish in each display. Other than that, its open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance, lets make this fun :D


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire