lundi 25 avril 2016

I finally got fish.

Yeah!! It's been 4 months since I started the Saltwater Journey, I have been patiently waiting for the uglies to dissipate, and for this tank to look like something I want to stare at. I have been nervous about purchasing fish and making the right choices to go ahead with. Several false starts and plenty of research; I have spent some late nights reading this forum and researching the things talked about here (and elsewhere). Unfortunately I am limited in my options as there is very few places where I can buy marine livestock that I am comfortable with locally (I'm just not ready for the online order yet). My LFS for freshwater is great and the one employee is very knowledgeable about marine, and their livestock and rock is top notch in comparison to the other options in town, but they are a FW store and have very few marine choices and rarely have any stock. Long story short, I finally have a clown fish pair (shocking I know), and a Coral Beauty. They have added some great colour and movement to the tank and for the first time I caught my kids staring at the tank. I am glad I found this forum and the levels of experience and amount of sharing here is invaluable to me the newbie.

So one quick question, how long do fish take to get comfortable in a new tank? How stressed is too stressed? I'm not really too concerned more curiosity than anything.



  • 45 gallon tank, aqua clear 110 filter (500g/hr, sponge, 3lbs of LR), Hydor 450 external canister (Bio balls), Aquatic Life Mini Skimmer, 50 lbs LR, Live sand substrate, 2x 650gph power heads, Fluval T5HO quadx39W.
  • Water parameters, 78 degrees, 1.023-1.025sg, Calcium 420-450, DKH 6-8, Ph is 8.0, phosphate and nitrates both zero.
  • 2 clowns, 1 Coral Beauty (Mysis and Pacifica Plankton to start)
  • 1 Torch Coral, 1 Paly (with 4 heads, oh yeah), 2 small SPS frags from a friend and a colony of wavy green fingers that came with the rock.
  • Drip acclimation
  • Nuisance algae is negligible
  • RO water with 5 gallons a week change.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire