mardi 26 avril 2016

Serpent Starfish Asexual Reproduction?

I came in to work this morning and first thing I noticed was that my serpent star looked like something had ate it's central disc overnight... I had seen that something had shortened a couple of its legs the past week but had not witnessed anything picking on it so not sure who it might be... I figured the starfish is already dead by looking at this picture...



Every now and then I see a leg twitching which I figured was just nerves like how their arms can still move after they detach to distract predators... well now I just noticed there are little internal anemone type of fingers that I assume is what they use to process their food that are still moving around, so now I'm wondering if maybe it is dividing itself up in an asexual reproduction? Has anyone experienced this? I'll document the outcome one way or another just kind of went from being disappointed to maybe being a little bit excited that maybe it's not dead and I'll end up with a clone...
https://youtu.be/blgzZZH1-wA

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: PART_1461684129702_IMG_20160426_071822153.jpg Views: N/A Size: 94.4 KB ID: 123986  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire