mardi 19 avril 2016

Trouble Acclimating New Frags

I have tried on several occasions to acclimate new coral to my tank, and I just can't seem to get a good success rate. I am buying 3-4 cheaper frags, trying to get something to take off and thrive in my tank. So far, I have had success with green mushrooms, some other blue stripe mushroom, a single duncan (which I can't get to spread beyond it's current base), and frogspawn. I have tried 3 or 4 different zoas, 2 different acans, and a few branching hard types (acropora, etc). Everything seems to bleach out or diminishes and dies.


I have a "frag rock" which allows me to put the plugs in. When I get home, I acclimate by putting the coral into a small bucket of my tank water. I have another bucket of RO water which I dip the corals into for about 30 seconds. I then sit them in the tank water (in bucket) for about 10 minutes. I put the frags into my frag rock, bottom of the tank. I have a Reefbreeder Photon LED light. When acclimating, I start the lighting to run whites for 6 hours a day, highest power of 5. I would think that this is low enough, but it still seems like everything is bleaching. Any thoughts on what my issue could be?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire