vendredi 22 avril 2016

Dinos vs Diatoms vs Rusty Cyano

I have a 180 Mixed Reef in my basement, but decided to set up a 65 all SPS in my living room.

This is a new tank, 3 weeks old. Cycled with new Live Sand, mostly dry rock and then a little live rock. Used a filter pad from my old tank. Watched my cycle, tested twice daily, been zero's for a week. Still light feeding every day.
Currently at Trip O's (Didn't check my PH yesterday)
Running a junk skimmer to get going
I made a GFO And Carbon Reactors, and both have been running for a week.
I put two corals in the other day to see how the water was. Corals seem fine, but over two days I've either had a Diatom Bloom (new tank), Dinos, or a combination of Cyano and Diatoms.

On the bottom of the tank to the mid way up, I'd say it was 100% Diatoms. There are no bubbles at all. It looks like standard Diatoms to me, rusty brown.

Towards the Top on the Live Rock, there's some bubbles, so I was wondering if it was Dinos.

I was leaning towards Diatoms at first because of the new tank, but, some of them have bubbles towards the top. I killed all the lights and checked this morning and it appeared all the bubbles went away, which leads me to believe it could be Dinos now.

What do you guys think? I'm wondering if my LED's are too powerful, causing the Dino's to come?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 1.jpg Views: N/A Size: 76.7 KB ID: 123618   Click image for larger version Name: 2.jpg Views: N/A Size: 61.4 KB ID: 123626   Click image for larger version Name: 3.jpg Views: N/A Size: 63.9 KB ID: 123634  

Click image for larger version Name: 4.jpg Views: N/A Size: 71.9 KB ID: 123642   Click image for larger version Name: 5.jpg Views: N/A Size: 51.3 KB ID: 123650  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire