lundi 9 juin 2014

Skimmer pump "pooped" out on me.

Well, I bought it 2 years ago, been having trouble off and on for the whole duration. I learned not to power it off in fear it won't go back on. Today I removed the cup for the cleaning and popped off the vent tube for a cleaning as well. When I went to put it back on, the pump just stopped. Never took it out of the water, just slid the hose on the inlet. So I pull the pump out and bring it to the sink to clean it thoroughly and get a few bits out of the impeller and cleaned any muck off with a toothbrush. Get my vinegar and water bath ready, smack the pump a bit like burping a baby...nothing.



Normally that's all it needs is a swift kick in the impeller, but not today. It took its last spin and now is ready for the parts bin in the sky. This is why it's good to go by the rule "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" So now I'm in need of a good skimmer pump. Something that's not too expensive and can sustain my tank for a few weeks until I get the remodel going. Once I do that I'm building a new sump and using my skimmer I got a while back that's much larger (just need pumps for that monster too and have no idea what kind).



Any idea on a good skimmer pump capable of handling a 200g tank? Maybe even the pumps I'd need for the other skimmer as well. I'll have to look and get a refresher on the skimmers lol, forgot brands, think the smaller one is EuroReef? Discontinued now but it had a Rio pump (yes...rio bleh).




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire