lundi 26 septembre 2016

Aftermarket Replacement Pump CSS 220

Hello, I'm looking to see if anyone has had luck with using an aftermarket or different type of skimmer pump than the original one. I have a 220 Coralife Super Skimmer which is showing it's age. I think the design is OK, but I've been having problems with the pump aging. Has anyone used an aftermarket type of needle wheel or pinwheel type pump with their skimmer with any success? I'd like to try a different type of pump because the original Ri0 220 pump was fairly terrible to begin with in terms of air/water ratio.
Mostly I think that the current one just doesn't pull enough air into the skimmer, even with various mods like an airpump/air valve, volute mods etc...
I'm hoping that I can replace the pump without having to replace the skimmer for under $200.
Coralife specs show that a pump between 500-700 should work fine for this, which is in the range I need for the return pump which runs around 700gph.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire