vendredi 30 septembre 2016

Nitrates slowly going up

I have been at 0-2ppm nitrates for a very long time. I do run a bio pellet reactor with BRS pellets.

I started feeding my coral with coral frenzy twice a week. I feed 1/8tsp for a 40 gallon tank

Ever since I started doing this my coral has exploded with growth and color. The negative is my nitrates are now 5-7ppm

I do not want them that high. Obviously the system is over loaded to process it. I have been doing this 2 months now. It hasn't gone above 7 and never below 5 with this new feeding.

To the question. Can I keep running my high capacity phosphate remover and bio pellet reactor (they are separate) and add red sea NO3:PO4-X?

I would be doing NO3:PO4-X in a lower dose since I have the other two reactors running.

I did brag on here a few months ago I went on vacation with no algae growth on glass after 8 days and now I have to clean every day. Its not heavy, but doesn't look good.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire