dimanche 18 septembre 2016

It never fails to amaze me...

Just over 2 years ago I decided to jump into the reef keeping life. One of the best decisions I've made in a long time. I had researched it for a long time before I was completely ready to set my own tank up. Then I decided I was ready. Fast forward 2 years and here we are. I'm still like a kid in a candy store when it comes to my tank. I enjoy having people over and watching their reactions when they see my tank. And a sense of pride comes over me when I can show my success off to others and teach them about sea creatures. The most common reaction I get is "what do you mean it's all alive? How's that possible?" Watching my little girl, my nieces and nephews, wife's cousins, parents, friends all get a sense of awe about them when they gauze into my glass box of creatures from the sea. This hobby is more then keeping fish and coral alive to me. Others may think it's silly. But I don't care. I do this for me. There is nothing more relaxing to me then sitting in front of my tank for hours and finding something new. It's every day. Today I found a Spionidae worm and had no idea what it was. Just saw two fingers sticking out of the sand. In a way I wish everyone would understand and appreciate this hobby enough to do it, but as with anything, too many people will drive prices up and cause a mass extinction in the wild. Our reefs are already dying out and harvesting them is not helping. Some of you may be wondering what the point of this thread is, well, there isn't one. Just wanted to get this out to anyone wanting to read it. I certainly don't know everything about this hobby and most likely never will. None of us will. I love reading people's experiences they have and learning from them. I try to help others as they have helped me with knowledge.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_1913.jpg Views: N/A Size: 96.5 KB ID: 137609  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire