vendredi 16 septembre 2016

Undoing a reef-ready tank -- removing weir and sealing bulkheads

Hi,

I am interested in doing a 80 gallon (48"l x 24"w x 16"h) rimless build using a ghost overflow. The existing deep blue professional 80 gallon rimless is perfect, except for the fact that it only comes reef-ready. They make a standard 80 gallon that is not reef ready but it is also not rimless.

Instead of spending 3 times as much on a custom aquarium, I am wondering if I could remove the weir and seal off the bulkheads in the reef-ready tank. Is this a bad idea? I imagine the weir and silicon could be removed cleanly, but I am worried about a disaster situation if one of those bulkheads leaked or blew. Maybe the bulkheads could actually be removed and then I could epoxy/silicon a 1/2 piece of glass above the two holes?

I am excited about this build, but my wife may well leave me if I end up flooding our apartment! :confused:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire