dimanche 31 août 2014

Protein Skimmer in 29g Biocube?

Hey all,

I was thinking of purchasing a protein skimmer for my 29 gallon Biocube. I've read that they are helpful, and while I'm not planning on relying on it to keep the tank super clean (still planning on doing all the regular water changes etc.) I think it might be a good addition. My question is, I've seen the placement of a skimmer on In-Tank in the 2nd chamber after the media basket. I currently have the media basket but am only running filter floss, no chemicals at this time. My question is, a protein skimmer is supposed to remove the pieces of food etc floating around the water correct? Would placing it after the media basket with the filter floss defeat the purpose? Isn't the filter floss going to catch most of the bigger pieces of detritus?



Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire